I’ve been blogging for quite a while, and I have met people from all over the world who blog about food… but it isn’t every day that I meet somebody from my very own hometown of Port Elizabeth! This rare creature is Michelle who blogs at Just Me Shel. I recently asked her a few questions about herself and here is what she had to say:
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
Port Elizabeth: South Africa
2. Since when have you been blogging?
3. What do you enjoy the most about food or wine blogging?
It allows me to remove myself from the “real world” for a few precious moments…and … My cooking has transgressed from being a chore to being my passion!
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
When blogger is down and I’m trying to upload photographs!
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
Firstly to celebrate life and dreams My family, close friends and my dearest blogging friend….Monique from Latabledenana inspire me.
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
In my study and either early in the morning before my day begins or very late at night when waiting for my child to return home!
7. What’s your signature dish or favourite wine?
Food: Slow cooked lamb…the way my mother taught me….when it falls off the bone and Oxtail Bredie….Favourite wine….Haute Cabriere Chardonnay Pinot Noir
9. Favourite restaurant?
Old Austria and Leonardos in Port Elizabeth and not forgetting La Petit Ferme in Franschoek.
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
Prawns basted with lemon and garlic butter on the fire!