The lovely Rose of Homemade Heaven is my kinda girl – one of the very first things she tells you on her blog is that she “loves to cook, hates to clean” – hear, hear! And as you read through her recipes, her love for cooking and her family, as well as her talent for living life to the fullest certainly shine through. Plus she’s even met Ainsley Harriot – ask her about it 🙂
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
I live in Cape Town.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging last year (2007) July.
3. What do you enjoy the most about food or wine blogging?
I love to share the food I make, that is easy to prepare, without too many fussy ingredients. Showing off the best of South Africa and the fantastic products which we have. Making friends and learning how people do things so differently!
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
Always having your camera ready, and trying to get the best picture in bad light. Remembering to hide away all the clutter in the back ground!
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
My husband and son are fussy eaters and making things that are both adventurous and they will eat is not always an easy task.
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
I blog when I get to work in the morning.
7. What’s your signature dish or favourite wine?
I would say it would have to be my chocolate cake.
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
I read so many, I spend lots of time going around seeing what people are cooking, where they are going on holiday and how the kids are doing!
9. Favourite restaurant?
La Perla in Sea Point
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
Steamed crayfish with a variety of dipping sauces – peri peri. garlic butter and lemon butter at the least.
Thanks for the wonderful write up.