Michelle of the wonderfully-titled The World Needs More Chocolate [now inactive] lives and blogs (as she puts it) in the Wild West of South Africa. On her blog you'll find recipes, reviews… and the odd kitty photo ;-) Michelle is currently on a little blog break but we hope she's back soon. In the meanwhile, let's see what she has to say.
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
The wild, wild west of South Africa (Mogale City, formerly known as Krugersdorp)
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since March 2008
3. What do you enjoy most about food or wine blogging?
Being able to share my obsession with good food with like-minded people who have similar obsessions
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
Not being able to try all the recipes that are featured on the blogs (they ALL look delicious) – so little time, so little time…..
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
Foodie / travel writers like Anthony Bourdain and Marlena de Blasi. Also Ernest Hemmingway and Douglas Adams.
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
From bed, surrounded by my cats while being served hot chocolate by my adoring husband…… actually any spare moment I have.
7. What's your signature dish or favourite wine?
The jury's out on that one, and sadly I'm not much of a wine drinker. My tastes are decidedly plebeian. I did, however, recently drink a bottle of Brampton 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon and for a screw-top wine it was rather nice.
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
None yet. I'm a busy gal….
9. Favourite restaurant?
Don't have a single favourite as such. I have favourite meals from various restaurants…….
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
Hmmmmm, that's a tough one as I live each day as if it is my last one on this planet – so pretty much whatever I serve 🙂