When I say Hell's Kitchen, many people would think immediately of Big Sweary Gordon. Not me though – I think immediately of talented SA food blogger Nafisa whose blog is called Hell's Kitchen! (Update – Nafisa's blog is now called Piece of Cake - different name, same great content!). It's thanks to Nafisa that I even discovered the wealth of blogging talent gathered under the Food24 umbrella: she contacted me to ask to be added to the SA Food and Wine Blogger directory, and by following links on her site I discovered many other great foodies. Nafisa regularly serves up delicious recipes, ranging from the super-healthy to the super-decadent. Let's find out a little more about her:
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
Originally from Durban, but happily living in Johannesburg (South Africa)
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started in 2006 but been blogging about food since March 2008
3. What do you enjoy the most about food or wine blogging?
That I can show everyone how easy it is to whip up a meal.
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
Sometimes I feel I've run out of ideas. So I started buying food books and magazines – the options are endless!
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
I'm currently enjoying the BBC Lifestyle channel. I'm a fan of Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay (of course), Nigella, Anjum Anand and several others. Watching all those cooking shows makes anyone feel like they can do it. I also like trying out stuff that are my favourite dishes from eating out.
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
I usually blog on weekdays during the day and sometimes from home.
7. What's your signature dish or favourite wine?
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
I'm also part of Food24's blogging community so I read those ones and several others that I've linked on my blog.
9. Favourite restaurant?
For now, Bukhara
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
Some sushi as a starter, a platter of grilled king prawns as a main and some tiramisu for dessert!