Ever found yourself at a loose end in the Cape winelands, keen to go and do a sneaky wineroute but not sure which farms will deliver the most bang for your buck, so the speak? Well, newcomer Spit or Swallow is the answer to your prayers! The Spit or Swallow team's mission is to visit every wine farm in South Africa and to review it for your viewing pleasure. Plus there is also an opportunity for you, the reader, to leave your own reviews of the estates they visit. Let's find out a little more behind this intrepid and dedicated team.
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
In Cape Town South Africa. Close to all the wine lands. Our mission is to visit every wine farm in the Country and blog about it.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I've only started blogging from Nov '08, although we've been visiting wine farms for years before that.
3. What do you enjoy the most about food or wine blogging?
Experiencing something new and always learning more about wine, and the industry as a whole.
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
Not enough time to visit a lot a wine farms. We normally only have weekends and for some reason wine farms close quit early on Saturdays and Sundays.
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
At home, but we normally try and tweet directly from my phone, when visiting the farms. Almost like a live report. We do have a policy to do a twitter entry everytime we open a bottle of wine.
7. What's your signature dish or favourite wine?
Food: Tomato stew
Wine: Saronsberg – Provenance Rooi 2005 (Bordeaux blend)
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
I do follow a lot of wine farms and wine journos on Facebook and twitter.
9. Favourite restaurant?
Ginja – Cape Town
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
a King Cone (like a Cornetto – ed.)