Chef Caro is not only Food24's nutrition and kids' food expert – she also has her own food blog on the Food24 platform! Blogging from Cape Town, she shares her restaurant and wine farm visits with us, together with delicious home cooked recipes. Let's get to know her a little better…
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
In Cape Town, SA
2. How long have you been blogging?
Just under a year now and i love it, it has opened up a whole new world for me.
3. What do you enjoy the most abotu food or wine blogging?
I love the comments and the community, and of course seeing what everyone else has been up to!
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
Not really, just that i can't get to my blog as much as i'd like.
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink or write?
Fresh produce always inspires me. I buy what looks good and then I 'ready, steady, cook' it from there. It can be interseting, and not always good! But I am learning all the time, you can never know everything. That's what so great about food, it keeps changing and evolving and inspiring me in different days. Who knows what'll happen next?
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
I like blogging in the evening when I have time to really see whats going on and not rushed to get other work done.
7. What's your signature dish or favourite wine?
Hm, I don't really have one, I go through stages. My brownies are famous though, and I can make a mean steak.
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
As many as I can!
9. Favourite restaurant?
At the moment, Bombay on the Beach in Muizenburg – as good as it gets Indian. SUBLIME food in a very casual setting and completely reasonable.
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
Mashed potato covered in a rich Porcini mushroom and garlic cream sauce. Oh heaven!