Christian Eedes of What I Drank last Night graduated from Stellenbosch University with a philosophy degree. Apparently his time spent discussing Hegel anf Kant in student bars over a glass or ten of red wine equipped him well for his future career: he joined Wine magazine in 2000 and served as editor May 2008 - December 2009. He has also completed a small-scale wine making course with the Department of Viticulture and Oenology at Stellenbosch University and has been a taster for the Platter wine guide since March 2010. Here are his Q&A answers.
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
I live in Mowbray, Cape Town.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since May 2010.
3. What do you enjoy the most about food or wine blogging?
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
Old Media is dying but how to make a living out of New Media?
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
Drinking is self-medication; writng is an itch I can't scratch.
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
7. What's your signature dish or favourite wine?
Dread that question. Bit like what's your favourite book, movie, sexual position…
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
9. Favourite restaurant?
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
Grilled lamb chops, petit pois and frites with a Left Bank Bordeaux from a good vintage…