The lovely and vivacious Carolina, originally from the Netherlands, swapped the grey winters of Europe for the sunny shores of South Afirca where she now lives in the Strand. Together with her wife Lee (and four-legged Rhodesian Ridgeback child Ntombi!), she owns and runs the Cucina Carolina Delicatessen and posts regular podcasts to her blog – don't know where she finds the time! Let's get to know her a little better:
1. Where are you – in South Africa or out in the wide world?
In South Africa – The Strand to be exact
2. Since when have you been blogging?
Since 2003 for carolee.co.za and since 2010 for cucinacarolina.com
3. What do you enjoy the most about food or wine blogging?
The pictures I make with it and the comment of my wife Lee
4. Any downsides or frustrations?
That I don't get a lot of other comments. Ha, ha, ha.
5. What or who are your inspirations to cook, drink and write?
Beautiful pictures of other bloggers, my wife Lee, our dog Ntombi, my own inspiration
6. Where and when do you like to blog?
In my study with our Rhodesian Ridgeback Ntombi next to me and when I make pictures that Ntombi is right there with me to lick her lips
7. What's your signature dish or favourite wine?
My snack signature dish is Bitterballen, my main is Ajam Panggang and for dessert it is Tiramisu. My favourite wine is Meursault
8. What other food or wine blogs do you read?
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time but I love the blog What Katie Ate
9. Favourite restaurant?
96 on Winery Road in Stellenbosch and of course our own deli for the best pizza and sushi in the world
10. For my last meal on this planet I would order…
1/2 Pizza Prosciutto with Prosciutto di Parma, rucola, Parmigiano Reggiano and chillies and 1/2 Papalina with Salami Milano, black kalamata olives, mixed peppers, springonions, garlic and chillies made by my wife Lee as she makes the best pizza's in the world