The criteria for listing are simple – your blog does not have to be fancy or famous, but it does have to comply with the following:
1. The site that you are listing must be a blog – in otherwise a set of dated entries in reverse chronological order. I will not list static websites on the directory. If you operate a blog as part of your website, I will list only the blog part of your site, not the main page.
2. The blog must be predominantly about food or wine.
3. The blog must either be based in South Africa, written by a South African abroad, or in exceptional cases, exclusively about South African food or wine but written by a foreigner.
4. The blog must have been in existence for at least two months AND must contain a minimum of 20 posts. (These requirements are to prevent the admin hassle of having to find and list every person who puts up a single post saying “Welcome to my new food blog!”, but then loses interest and never blogs again.)
If you comply with these criteria, submit your details to me and I will look at adding you to the Directory.
Once your blog is listed:
1. Please help to spread the word about the Directory by placing a badge and a link on the sidebar of your blog. I will send you the badge code once I list your blog on the Directory.
2. I will send you a short optional questionnaire about yourself and your blog. If you choose to complete this, I will use the info to feature your blog on the Directory site as one of the regular “Spotlight On” posts. I will notify you when your profile has gone live.
3. If you have not posted anything in three months, I reserve the right to delete your blog from the Directory.
If you have any questions, ideas for the Directory or suggestions for posts, please e-mail me for a chat – don’t be a stranger 🙂